Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Calypso GVW 9959KQ1

shaking during short spin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimnmco

jimnmco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I have read your forum for quite a while, have used it often and ordered many parts. It is great. I can not find other posts on this problem. My Calypso washer shakes a lot during the small spin cycles in the middle of the wash. The final spin cycle os ok, not much shaking at all, But during the wash there are these small spins that only last for a few rotations that sound like it is going to come through that wall. I read what else was written here and saw that either the balanace ring or the basket drive block are recommended for spinnig problems but is that for the final long spin? I saw that this washer has something like shock absorbers on the bottom of the tub, are they for these shorter spins? Thank you for you help in the past and I look forward to your response. Thanks again.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

See this post: http://appliantology...nt

And this one: http://appliantology...nt
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

The shock absorbers and tub support struts function the same during all part of the cycle, whether washing or spinning.

There isn't a separate basket drive block on a Calypso. The basket hub is integral to the basket as a whole and can't be replaced/changed separately. The hub can corrode and break loose, in which case the basket must be replaced ... and likely in that scenario the u-joint would also be bad.

Unusual that the balance ring would be a fault, unless it comes loose from the basket or the ballast fluid leaks out ... but the ring isn't under any stress during operation so that's not likely.

The sockets in which the tub support struts oscillate at the top four corners of the cabinet occasionally need cleaning/re-greasing.

Is the wash plate leveling during spin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics