Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

M@rt1n

electric range

6 posts in this topic

Hi, Guys,

Breaker is off after oven locked last night 'warming' food. I had set the oven to 170 degrees.When the oven cooled, it unlocked but now when I open the breaker it goes into cleaning mode and immediately locks without touching the oven. code PF (there was no power failure, that I did not induce). This is an all in one unit, so I can't use the cook top either.

In 2008, the oven would not go on at all. I had a repair for about $500.00 to replace the plastice cover for the touch screen. When the man went to put it on, a moth dropped from the assembly leading me to think that was the problem. Could this be similar problem?

Thanks for you help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Kdog,

Big mis...RS6969PXGR10

have you recently actually used the Self-Clean cycle ? :nono:

You could try setting it for Self-Clean,

but then immediately cancel it.

RegUS_PatOff

When the power was engaged, the oven locked. I followed you advise. The oven unlocked and all appeared normal. Within 3 -5 minutes, the broiler element came on without prompting. I tried the 'set, cancel' procedure with the broiler but no go....

To answer you question about cleaning, I clean it once a year ~~ after the holidays. So the last time was in late January/early Feb. Will be the last time the auto clean is used.

Please don't give up on me, y'all. I'll try whatever is legal and moral to do this myself . . .ok, maybe not legal.

Thanks !

..RS6969PXGR10

maybe

RS696PXGB10 ?

soo... the Oven stays unlocked and OK ?

only now the Broil has a problem ?

It may be that the Broil Element is partially shorted to chassis (ground)