Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
martysmith

Maytag Washing Machine Leak

5 posts in this topic

I have a clear plastic box spliced into the water filler hose. The clear plastic box does not have a top. I can see the box begin to fill and quickly overflow during the fill cycle. There is something called an Injector Tube and Nozzle. I have found the Injector Tube and Nozzle kit on the parts page but I don't see the clear plastic box that it goes into. I don't see how replacing the Injector Tube and Nozzle will fix the leak. It seems the clear plastic box should have a top on it and be water tight but I don't see any evidence the box ever had a top on it. Two questions: 1) how can I fix this problem?  2) What purpose does this device serve? Why not just splice in a straight coupler and be done with it? 

Thanks,

Smarty Marty the One Man Party :banana:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

1. Replace the injector tube and nozzle

2. Causes the water to spray into the tub so clothes won't stick to the side of tub, and no the plastic box dosn't have a top :dude:

Thanks for the help....that did the trick. However, I did forget to put the hose back on the bleach dispenser. Water was going everywhere until I could get the cover back off and attach the hose. :yikes:

I ran into a variation on this theme. The injector cup overflows every time pure cold or pure hot fill is selected. If I select a mix of hot and cold the injector doesn't overflow. If I choke down the water supply faucets, the situation reversed, that is, pure hot or pure cold fill normally but the mix overflows the injector box. What the? The injector sleeve has been replaced.:headbang::headbang:

Please start a new topic for your problem including you model#. -It can get complicated try to follow a post that begun in 2005