Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 665.13492K600 Dishwasher - Fail

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lincks

Lincks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Good day all,

First I just want to say that this site is proving to be invaluable for me and I thank the samurai man for putting this together.

I'm new to this and had a question regarding this dishwasher. The unit is off and has no lights or reaction when pressing touch panel (user interface). The thermal fuse and door switch check out ok. Power is getting up to the control board and the neutral is good as well (checked with a light bulb).

Seems like all that's left is defective touch panel or control board. These items are obviously not cheap and up here in Canada we don't have such return services as offered by repair clinic : (

The tech sheet is missing from the dishwasher but I tried a diagnostics mode by pressing "heated dry","normal wash","heated dry","normal wash" and nothing. Can anyone provide an insight on how to rule out touch panel? I would imagine that when these fail, it's one button at a time?

Domo arigato gozaimas

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

with Door Switch closed
120v AC between
P7 White / Violet
P8 Tan

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Lincks

Lincks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

That is correct. I have 120v AC after door switch and past thermal fuse as well so up to the control board.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

... I have 120v AC after door switch and past thermal fuse as well so up to the control board.

as referenced to the Tan wire on P8 ?
then it would seem to be a bad Controller
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1202519

Main-Control-Board-W10039780-00688992.jp

#5 Lincks

Lincks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thank you for the help. The reading was in reference to the tan wire on P8. I will report back if my client decides to fork out the money on a new board.

Cheers

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to believe it's the main control board. Very seldom do I see these controllers going bad but see touchpads going bad all the time.

These membrane touchpads made by all manufactures are notorious for going bad and getting no response or keypads sticking.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 Lincks

Lincks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the added input. Could you share how to tell if the touchpad is at fault if there are no lights or response?

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

That is the general signs of a bad touchpad. If the tech sheet has a keypad matrix then look for what two ribbons are for the "CANCEL" key. Disconnect the touchpad ribbon cable and short the two pins that are for cancel on the board.

Generally if you can get the control to do a 2 minute drain and stop when cancel is pushed then the control board is OK.
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,210 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Touchpanel part link ==> http://www.repaircli...8573675/1180871

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

#11 Lincks

Lincks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the help. I will do that next time I encounter this problem. Unfortunately the touchpad for this machine is factory order from my suppliers here and 4 week delivery plus $170. My client would rather a new dishwasher instead so no chance to check your ancient samurai techniques this time.

Maybe one day repair clinic will ship to the North.

#12 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Disconnect the touchpad ribbon cable and short the two pins that are for cancel on the board.

Generally if you can get the control to do a 2 minute drain and stop when cancel is pushed then the control board is OK.

Most Whirlpool boards will also defualt to drain if you remove power, disconnect the touchpad ribbon, and then reconnect power with the door closed. Lets you know that the control is sensing a missing keypad = control board probably OK.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks Chat_in_RI, that's some very good info to know and remember.

I thought I had read somewhere something like that but something more to do with disconnecting the sump thermistor or something like that and only available in some models, (wasn't at all sure about the method so didn't mention or try to explain it).
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Easy test for a Whirlpool / Kenmore dishwasher to tell whether the touchpanel or the control board is bad

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 09 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

That is the general signs of a bad touchpad.  If the tech sheet has a keypad matrix then look for what two ribbons are for the "CANCEL" key.  Disconnect the touchpad ribbon cable and short the two pins that are for cancel on the board.

Generally if...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics