Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Coldspot Model 106-55244400 Ice Maker not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sjk2010

sjk2010

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hello,
New here, so I apologize if this has been covered previously..
The ice maker on the Kenmore side by side has stopped working. I emptied the whole freezer and all remaining ice from the bucket. I set the metal on/off bar to the 45 degree position and it started making ice, (i.e. the water filled the tray), but now it will not release the ice and I noticed that I can no longer set the metal bar to the 45 degree position. It will either stay in the "off" horizontal position or hang down and rest on the side of the maker. It was working fine since we purchased the house in 2006, but noticed the ice no longer refilling about 4 days ago. I lowered the inside temp to make sure the fill was not clogged with ice, but I did manage to get it to fill earlier today.
Any ideas will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Take a 4 inch piece of 14 gauge insulated wire and strip 1 inch of insulation off each end.
Bend the wire into a U shape.
Place the 2 stripped ends into the terminals at the 4 and 5 o'clock positiions at T and H.
If the motor starts turning,remove the jumper wire.
If it does not start turning,replace the ice maker.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

#4 sjk2010

sjk2010

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Thank you both... I will attempt this in the morning as I have already had a few of Jumptrout's favorite brew tonight and am watching the Celtics / Hawks game. What a great forum... Thank you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics