Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Baylor

GE MONAGRAM ICE MAKER

7 posts in this topic

Help. I was given a 2004 model GE Monagram under cabinet ice maker by my neighbor. I knew it was not working but thought I might get it working. It had a lot of scale build up so I ran it through two cleaning cycles with solution. Then hooked up the water and hit the "ON" button. It ran water into the unit but then I noticed that the circulating pump was not operating. I bought and installed the new circulating pump and thought I had it fixed. Wrong. The compressor goes on, fan is working and water flowing into the unit and through the circulating pump but the freeze plate does not get cold, so no ice is made. The coils do not get cold. Do you think it is a freon issue or is in harvest cycle instead of freezing cycle.

Thanks for any help. Baylor

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

1. Model number.

2. Compressor amp draw.

The model number is ZDIS15CSSJ. Serial number TG930498. I don't know how many amps the compressor draws. How do I check this?

Thanks

GE ZDIS15CSSJ made by Whirlpool :whistling: similar to GI1500XH

15 INCH AUTOMATIC ICE MAKER

Ice Maker R91.pdf

Place a clamp on amp meter over 1 compressor wire while the unit is set to run.

Check the hot gas valve,it could be energized and or leaking through.

Don't have an amp meter, will try and find someone who does. Where is the hot gas valve located? Anything else that someone inexperienced in this sort of thing might check?

That would be checking pressure,but for that you have to install a tap valve.