Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE dishwasher leaving crud on dishes GLD5950N00CS

dishwasher GE GLD5950N00CS filter clogged

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 europas_ice

europas_ice

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Diet Coke

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I would greatly appreciate any help. I've spent hours and hours websurfing this problem and have not come up with any ideas that don't involve pulling out the dishwasher and turning it over. (youtube.com/ watch?v=m-GSbGaKoxE) The following post states my problem exactly (but I have a different model dishwasher): http://appliantology...ng-main-filter/

Other posts have described glasses and dishes being coated with dirt that looks like grains of sand. My dishwasher is doing the same thing, but I also noticed that the spray arms get clogged - particularly the outer holes in the middle arm which stops it from rotating as well as spraying. I clean them out but they are clogged again after one wash cycle. It seems like food particles are getting through the filter system somehow. The outer spray holes of the top and bottom arms also get clogged (to a lesser degree). What should I check or inspect?

This post http://appliantology...r-pdw7880g00ss/ has a picture of the inside of my dishwasher. I have been able to take off the spray arm (501) and the fine filter assembly (451). (Does 450 come out too? I haven't figured that out.) Where it says "this sump filter clogs all the time and restircts the wash pump inlet", I have been able to take off the cover, but then what? There's a couple of inches of standing water under there, but there are no big particles in there that I can pull out with my fingers. And I don't know how to (can I?) pull out that sump filter assembly to clean it. How can I do this?

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated! This problem has been very frustrating for me.

-Gwen

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Remove the spray arms.
Soak them overnight in a tub of CLR.
With the spray arms removed,run the dishwasher so that water circulates without being restricted through spray arms.
This may dislodge some crud that can be wiped out.
Re-attach the arms and start the unit.
Once it fills and starts washing add 1 quart of white venegar to the water and let it compleete the cycle.

#3 europas_ice

europas_ice

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Diet Coke

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Great idea; I'll try it tonight!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to clean the accumulated scale and crud out of a dishwasher so it can clean the dishes better

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 09 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Remove the spray arms.
Soak them overnight in a tub of CLR.
With the spray arms removed,run the dishwasher so that water circulates without being restricted through spray arms.
This may dislodge some crud that can be wiped...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics