Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dryer, Starts then Stops

starts stops no stay on

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:a pint of your best please

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi all, Well " she who must be obeyed" has stated "if you don't fix it I will spend much money" So my Kenmore mod #110.66902690. Ser# 3015265. at any dry setting push to start, starts turning, release PTS , slows and stops turning. Door switch good. removed drum set to air fluff, simulated belt tension, activate push to start, motor spins up release PTS, and ...... slows to stop. Does this mean the thermal cutout on the motor is fried, and is only operating in PTS, overide? Mine does not have the eveheat funny card, or the relays under the control panel. I confirmed the white thermal overheat fuse has continuity. Is it new motor time? I would like to have run just one more year, if possible. Many thanks to all and many thanks for help fixing my GE gas oven. Ron

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

may be a dirty (lint) inside Start Switch on Drum Motor
OR bad Start Switch (part of Motor)
(or Motor not getting up to speed),
http://www.repaircli...asp?R=154&N=158

Drive-Motor-279787-00858787.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,029 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Could be the door latch assembly is broken; so as the load tumbles and bumps against the door, it opens it just enough that it kills power to the motor. Won't restart until you press the Start button.

Check it out and come git you a new door latch kit if you need it ==> http://www.repaircli...er=110.66902690

#4 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for quick reply, yeah I since was all apart I took a toothbrush and an air can and cleaned it all up. and ran the test with same result. Ron

#5 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thanks I just rechecked the door switch , continuity good, and functioned again same problem Ron

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,029 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Not the switch-- the LATCH. No wires attached to it.

#7 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

The latch snaps shut and holds fast. My fault I did not make that clear when I recheched door, latch, switch. ron

#8 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

So am I missing something or based on the conditions I have listed am I just confirming the motor is toast? Is the any other test for the motor or am I at the limit of unit part troubleshooting and the next logic tree step is "replace motor /start switch unit" ? Thanks again if it had wings and a propellor it would yield to my vast aeronautical knowledge and experience. Honest wanna by a bucket of propwash ?

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,029 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

I think Grand Master Reg called the steps on this dance.

#10 EOD_guy

EOD_guy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

So getting up to speed, that would mean that the flyweights pulled the slip ring down as centrifigul force overcame the spring tension. Then the black switch attached to the motor frame thats activated by the slip ring, containing flat springs and points has failed in some way. And this probly only available as " motor /switch assembly". Okay I'm problbably trying to dig to deep, but failure analysis is my thing. And according to the indicated problems corrective action recommended by Grand MasterREGus would be the 'motor /switch assembly. Domo Arigato Sensi and Grand Master's. I will donate to your very good cause. Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics