Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore / Frigidaire front load washer won't always start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chulio

Chulio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no drinky, daily average is still too high

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Sometimes all I have to do is reset this washer and it works fine for a while. Then I get a call and it is not working. I reposition the start mechanism and off it goes. I have never seen it fail but this happens very often.

Any help is appreciated

Chulio

Please do not drink and drive. Lost my wife & soul-mate of 25 years to a DUI

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

model number? What do you mean by start mechanism, is this coin operated?

#3 Chulio

Chulio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no drinky, daily average is still too high

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

It is a commercial machine and all the start mechanism does is power the timer for 30 seconds thru the off setting and then the timer takes over.

Please do not drink and drive. Lost my wife & soul-mate of 25 years to a DUI

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

I've had two of these machines do this periodically also. One that I had to reset two or three times so far, (haven't been back on that one for probably at least 7 or 8 months).

The one thing that can cause this is if someone puts one set of coins in and pushes the slide in but for some reason doesn't start the machine, (maybe they were stoned and forgot they already put money in it??), then money gets put in again and the coin slide is pushed in.

After the first set of coins have been inserted and the coin slide pushed in the cam is in the start position where the start button is receiving power to start the timer. If the coin slide is pushed in again before the start is pushed the coin slide would have to be loaded 6 or 7 more times and pushed in before the cam would be back around to the start position.

This is designed this way so as to be able to make the cost of a load of laundry be higher then the maximum amount of money that can be inserted in the coin slide at once. A vertical 8 slide can go up to $2.00, if you wanted a load to cost $3.00 you would set the slide to accept $1.00 and set the cam on the timer wheel to the #3 position, (I believe), then you would have to put $1.00 in 3 times pushing the slide in after each $1.00 before the start button would work when pushed.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics