Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hot Beer Frig again!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hefe

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Here goes my fire drill again! 5 Refrig. in 2 years. Frig is at 60+ and freezer said it is at 22 degrees. Jumped in with a start relay but different part. As soon as I re-plugged the compressor line frosted and un-frosted in 20-30 sec. Can I interchange starter relays and caps? How can I tell compressor is working? Fan is running, coil is clean, fan is running, compressor line is luke warm.

Frigidaire
Mod: LFUS2613LE0
1 Year Old
Slight rattle to old replay

Only starter on hand was FixitNow # 1062105

Proper Starter from FixItNow # 1512917

Not sure of difference in caps.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

... As soon as I re-plugged the compressor line frosted and un-frosted in 20-30 sec.
... How can I tell compressor is working?
... Fan is running

1) did Compressor stop running ?
2) may be able to feel the vibration, OR you could you a clamp-on amp meter
3) which Fan, the one by the Compressor ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

fan over the coil. Compressor ball is warm and vibrating. NO clamp on meter :(

#4 Ritz

Ritz

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Are both the evaporator fan inside the freezer and the condenser fan by the compressor running?
You can hear the evaporator fan run by opening the freezer, pushing the light switch and listening for a high speed fan.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

if the Compressor and both Fans are running,
there should be frost over the entire Evaporator Coil inside the Freezer.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Freezer at 22 degrees argues for either lack of refrigerant or lack of airflow. You'll need to figure out how to uncover the evaporator -- should be a plate on the freezer side covering it up -- and see if you have frost covering the evaporator.

If you get to the evaporator plate and there's a big chunk of snowy ice in exactly one spot, start singing the blues. Once you take off the evaporator cover off, there's a good chance you'll see an evaporator completely encased in ice. BEFORE the ice melts, use your meter and see if the defrost thermostat is is open or closed. If it's open while encased in ice, you need a new one.

#7 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Good News..Bad news! Bad news is frig still hot. Good news just bought it last Aug so they will fix or replace it under warranty. GREAT NEWS...Beer colder than ever...On ice in the kitchen

#8 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

OK Need some help understanding :teehee: . Finally got the warranty guy out(they have to make a living also). The freezer side has a 1.5" frost at the lower part of the freezer side but both Freez and refrig are both hot/warm? He said it is covered and it was in-wait of defrost mode? What makes this happen? and how do I stop it from happening again?

Please be detailed as(my wife said), I engineer/reengineer/over-engineer everything :banghead: . I have another freez/frig that I might be able to get up and running.

:yes: You should see the 55" flat screen I have in the family room I scored for a $1.50ish resistor!

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

The control is supposed to determine when to initiate a defrost cycle based on information it receives from the thermistors - if the frost built up in it, something failed to occur - what was the solution to the issue? did the tech iniiate a defrost cycle or did he open it up and go at it with a steamer/heatgun ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Said it is an issue that he has seen before. Will take 5-7 days to get the part! I know I am a pain in the ass, but when my gator meat goes bad and BEER gets HOT at 2AM....I get MAD!

Current Condition is digital readout states 0deg on freez and 34deg on frig but both are hot and frost is present in freez. Wish I had my OLD, OLD, OLD top globe, 3-4" cork lined freez/frig again.

Gator season getting ready to start(Aug)....Oh my....I have been living in the South to long(Org from PA) and hate to waste great grub!

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

You need to get rid of the frost accumulation - remove rear panel of freezer and melt it out with a steamer- fridge will then work until frost accumulates again
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thank you for the input, but how do I stop it from happening? Here in FL, the frig/frez is empty so I can unplug and leave door open for day. But that doesn't stop the beer from getting hot again and frozen melt of fish/meat mess that makes me do the midnight run for ice.

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,646 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

The frost will stop accumulating once the problem is fixed. Theoretically, this is what your warranty servicer is doing... if he troubleshot the problem correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics