Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jsbaker

Kenmore electric range\oven: I've gone too far to give up now!

4 posts in this topic

Brand: Kenmore

Type: Range/Oven

Model: 911.9344190 Serial: 5A264454Q

Oven won't heat; rangetop works fine. If I turn the oven control knob to Bake (any temperature), Broil or Clean, the bottom, red ("Pre-heated") light blinks and neither element begins to heat; no error code appears in clock display. Both elements in oven are intact and will heat if I manually close the electromagnet relays on circuitboard.

I replaced the Clock/Control Board (Part #: WB27K5127). Unfortunately, the new part didn't correct my problem.

I thought that I might have reconnected the wires for P3(L1) and P4(N) backwards [P5(BROIL), and P6(BAKE)], but when I reversed them, it made no difference.

I have no Ohm/Multimeter to test the SENSOR (Part #: WB21X0158).

The the Clock/Control Board has been replaced and both elements are intact and functional. Could it be anything other than the sensor at this point (I'm trying to decide whether to buy a ohm/multimeter or just go ahead and buy the sensor). Are there other things I should check on the range/oven before buying either the ohm/multimeter or the sensor?

Please help me save what's left of my dignity (after buying and replacing the wrong part).

Lower Than a Grasshopper

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Might as well just go buy a sensor and if that dosn't work wet your figers and stick em in the outlet to check for 220:yikes: But for future use get yourself a ohm/multimeter

Thanks, FatMan, for the quick reply!

Hope I don't have to check the outlet :shock:

Meters are cheap and easy to use. There's really no excuse not to have one.