Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
clman_old

Electrolux Bullet Style Ice Maker Issue

2 posts in this topic

Electrolux M#: EI28BS56IS4

I haven't been out yet but as this call is so far out of my normal coverage area I was hoping to have some ideas / pointers to carry with me on my initial trip.

Customer says the ice make began "dropping the ice too soon". That is that the ice was thin and watery. Then it stopped producing ice all together. Also the ice bucket / bin temp is 28 deg. o it won't keep any ice frozen in the bin either. No odd noises before it stopped making ice and no error codes ever appeared.

After reading through the service manual I have decided to suspect the ice maker pcb in the rear of the unit, the eev refrigerant cut off / regulating expansion valve, ice maker fan motor, ice maker evaporator def heater and termination t-stat and ice maker thermistor.

That's a lot in it's self, I know. Of course there's a lot more to this over designed monstrosity.

Again any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by clman

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You may be freezer recovery mode...

And here's how to get into diagnostic mode...