Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Block of ice

Sub Zero Ice maker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robpopper

robpopper

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Unit is a Sub Zero model 532, in constant use for about 15 years. Problem is with the ice maker and started several months ago. Ice cubes seem to be properly made and drop into the tray. About 10 minutes later water enters the tray and of course freezes. The result is a single large block of ice with the individual cubed embedded within the block. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

So it seems the mold is overfilling? Chunk of ice is to large to be harvested?
not sure I understand yer problem...sounds like a valve leaking thru...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Your ice maker is either over-filling and excess water is going into the ice bin OR the ice maker has a crack in it and is leaking into the ice bin OR has become unlevel and leaking into the the ice bin.
You will have to determine which it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics