Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

JNM

Bottom mount fridge drain problems

6 posts in this topic

GE Profile refrigerator M# PDS18SBMALBS .Having a reaccurring problem with the drain freezing up causing the fan to jam up in the ice.First time got customer to let box defrost with doors open for 2 days.I took it all apart and ran hot water and tubing down the drain.Water ran down drain quickly so i figured it to be repaired.About a month later" RECALL."Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Those are pesky. I use a foil heater from Supco taped underneath the metal channel that sits below the evap fan. The SH221 is perfect.

Vee8....thanks for the tip, I've been battling this same problem...I've been back every Friday for a month now...at no charge of course to the customer. I love the foil heater idea! But I have one question..maybe a obvious answer but what would wire that heater to? I would assume it would go in line with the defrost heater? Or would it be on always? Thanks for your time

Wire it in parallel with the defrost heater, before the defrost thermostat; it will be on for the whole 35 minutes of the defrost cycle that way. Make sure to melt all the ice and make sure the drain is clear.

Great thanks vee8 that should work well, and keep the water flowing