Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DDT

Samsung DV350AEW dryer drum and rear drum assembly parts?

3 posts in this topic

Before I even begin my topic I would like to say thanks to everyone that has contributed to this website. Hands down this site is the shiznit!!! The shared knowledge is very informational and greatly appreciated.

Ok now to the topic. I have a Samsung DV350aew Steam Dryer I just acquired from a friend. He said that he was throwing it away because it is made alot of noises when drying. I brought it home and took it apart. I checked the front rollers, belt, and belt tensioner all seem ok. I loosened the belt and removed the drum and there I found the rear drum seal partialy torn off. Assuming since that piece was torn off, everytime he would turn it on it would spin unevenly and scrap the rear drum assembly. In a attempt to repair this dryer I am gonna have to replace the drum and rear drum assembly. I searched online for parts and found the drum and rear drum assembly for about $200 each. That's as much as buying a new dryer. Does anyone know if i can refit the rear drum seal with a seal kit they sell for other brands. I compared the samsunng dv331aew and its similar to mines, the only difference the drum is white but alot cheaper. Would this be compatible? are there other parts compatible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When you say it is similar to yours, (would yours happen to be a Whirlpool with the lint filter in the door model)?

If so, then NO those won't work, (I already tried it - there to small but everything sure looks similar, roller shafts are slightly different size too).

The only way I could find the seals for a Maytag, built by Samsung, was the complete drum which includes a new seal on each end of the new drum.

Sadly, yes it is the one with the lint filter in the door. :banghead: Thank you for answering my question. I geuss I am gonna have to sit on this one for now until cheaper parts become available.Your shared knowledge is greatly appreciated ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0