Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
FDrozd

Electrolux EW23BC71IS4 Ice maker not making ice

12 posts in this topic

I have an Electrolux EW23BC71IS4 that seems to have stopped making ice. Water does come out of the water dispenser. I have reset controls to default and have shut off icemaker no change. I was making a clunking noise.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If your making a clunking noise, you should probably see a doctor, or a mechanic..

Put a test cord on the ice maker coil of the water inlet valve assembly. if you get water into the icemaker, then replace the icemaker; no water, then either bad valve or frozen fill tube.

Water inlet valve ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/241734301/1259226?modelNumber=EW23BC71IS4

Nope - not so simple on this overengineered albatross - got one of them fancy swinging bucket icemakers that makes those cute little round icecubes (when it works)

Nice catch, Grand Master kdog! :thumbsup:

:sick:I'm afraid the poster won't like the catch when it leads to requiring a $400-$500 upgrade kit be installed to fix it

Called Electrolux today. They said that they would set up a work request for an upgrade kit and a shelf all for free. I purchased the fridge in August 2010. Wow something is finally going good for me.

Good to see them cover that - those kits are at about the 6th generation now.

More info here:

Did anyone know they have a class action lawsuit forming against Electrolux on these refrigerators with these crazy icemakers?

Just ran across it in related videos to the one above.

www.Electrolux-Refrigerator-Lawsuit.com

I did not know this! Domo for pointing that out, Willie!

on sale this week at Lowe's

Frigidaire 26.7 cu/ft

LGUB2642LF8

Dual IceMakers :woot:

lgub2642lf8fridgeicemak.jpg

lgub2642lf8freezericema.jpg