Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel GWL10 - Need Controller Board Schematics and/or Parts List

GWL10 Fisher Paykel Washer Control Controller Replace

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigfoot100

bigfoot100

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle Brown Ale

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hello - We have a GWL10US with a Controller Board that has a couple of blown out components. I’d like to replace these components (I’m comfortable soldering), but since they are burned out I cannot read their part numbers. Attached is a photo. Does anyone have access to schematics and/or parts list for this controller board? I would much rather try repairing this board than spending $200 on a 10-year old machine.

FWIW, here’s a summary of the troubleshooting steps that were taken:

The GWL10 stops in the middle of a normal wash cycle and beeps continuously once per second. The fault code on the display seems to be 00110011. According to the Service Manual, this code means "Diverter valve timeout fault."

The Service Manual also indicates:

Primary Source - Diverter Valve
Action - Check Diverter valve continuity. If open circuit, replace.

Secondary Source - Motor Controller Module
Action - Replace Motor Controller Module

I disconnected the Diverter Valve and measured 1.9KOhms across its terminals. Since this is not an open circuit, I am assuming the valve is ok.

I then reconnected the terminals, went into diagnostic mode, and used the "Delicate" button to turn the Diverter Valve on and off. With a voltmeter on the connected terminals of the Diverter Valve, I saw no change in voltage (DC or AC) when I pressed the Delicate button over and over again.

I then did a sanity check to see if the Diverter ever diverts:
  • Got into Diagnostics mode.
  • Pushed the Temp Down button to get some water in the tub.
  • Pushed the Delicate button to turn the diverter ON, at which point the Delicate light went ON and stayed ON.
  • Waited a couple of minutes.
  • Pushed the Regular button to turn the pump ON, at which point water was pumped to the DRAIN (not recirculated).
  • Pushed the Delicate button again to turn the diverter OFF, at which point the Delicate light went OFF.
  • Waited 4-5 minutes.
  • Pushed the Regular button to turn the pump ON, at which point water was pumped to the DRAIN (not recirculated) again.
Before pulling the Controller Board, I checked all of the other components (valves, pump motor, etc.), and all resistance measurements checked ok. So, I decided to open up the controller module. Sure enough, I can see two components that got smoked. Once is clearly a MOSFET, and although the part number is pretty much blown away, I think there's enough there for me to tell that it is the same as a nearby part, which is STD2NC60.

But the other part is not so easy. It looks like it could be a transistor, with 2 pins on one side and 1 on the other. I think I can make out "XG..." on it, which doesn't match up with any other 3-pin device on the board. So, I'm stuck.

Does anyone have a schematic or parts list for the controller board?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

You wont find any board level information on control boards. It is proprietary information of the manufactorer. You will need to change the board and figure out what caused the board to burn out. Check the pump closely.

#3 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

what is the part number of the module ?

can you see where those componants connect to , pump ? divert ?

sometimes the divertor goes short and will blow the crap out of the board

#4 bigfoot100

bigfoot100

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle Brown Ale

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks both for the replies. The pump looks fine, and resistance measured fine. Unfortunately I can't tell what these blown components drive, but the Diverter terminals are not shorted so I think the Diverter is fine.

If I truly have to replace the board, any suggestions on where to buy from? Again, it really hurts to spend $200 on a 10-year old machine. If I can't find it for less, I may have to just abandon this thing...

#5 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

SearsPartsDirect.com carries F&P parts. FisherPaykelParts.net and FisherPaykelParts.com (apparently are different outfits, may have different prices). Items can also sometimes be found on eBay.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Might wanna stock up now too - this just in .... http://appliantology...price-increase/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Might wanna stock up now too - this just in ....

"... effective Tuesday, May 1 st 2012":
according to my calendar, it already happened :ermm:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics