Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Bobber

Samsung Refrigeratoirs - RFG297HDRS

5 posts in this topic

My wife and I are gettiing ready to purchase a Samsung Refrigerator and one salesman indicated issues with motherboards having to be replaced. Is this a real concern with Samsung refrigerators?

I really appreciate the input!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't know about that particular model

(Samsung parts and service info is hard to get)

but some of the MotherBoards have been bad,

also their combination Evaporator / Defrost Heater...

and their IceMaker is another story

DANGER!!! DANGER!!! Listen to the salesman, your lucky to have found an honest one. Run like a deer from the SamDung refrigerator or you'll be posting on this forum until you finally throw that problem child out your back door. When I get a call on a Samsung refrig I say "sorry, I don't service Samsung refrigerators". Too many callbacks. Of course that is just my opinion. I love their TV's.

Brother Santa speaketh much truth! As Brother Reg pointed out, Samsung are nazis with their tech info and parts procurement is a nightmare. If you like the Korean motif, go LG.

Haven't replaced any boards in Samsung refrigerators, but the dual evaporator model has, for some reason real problems with the defrost trip tray in the fresh food section. I have seen a lot of calls where there is water all over the bottom of the fresh food compartment, sometimes accompanied by excessive temps because of bad air flow.

If you like the LG fridge, I strongly -- STRONGLY -- recommend not getting one where the ice bucket is in the freezer door. Since my first posting on this subject, I have replaced six or seven ice flaps and solenoids on these units.

Annnnnnnd of course, that should be "defrost DRIP tray" not "defrost trip tray." Doh.