Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jb8103

LG TROMM Front Loader WM2016CW

7 posts in this topic

I have just downloaded the Users Manual and the Service Manual.

This washer has door seal problems and latch problems. The door feels a bit sprung and the latch just barely holds it closed in any operational mode. They've been wedging the door closed with a telescoping-type shower curtain rod wedged against the door and the opposite wall, for about a year.

Last week, customer's mom washed a load of shoes and the machine has not gone into spin mode since then.

I couldn't get it to do anything at all, no matter the light show I was getting on the control center.

So my main question is "how to get into diagnostics".

Edited by jb8103

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

hold down spin,soil level buttons then press power

OK, that gives me test mode, right?

I can't get any parts today so I'm probably not going back out there until I have at least the latch/switch on the truck. But here's a question, according to the service manual, if the "spring of the latch hook on the door does not actuate, replace door assembly". The whole assembly? We can't get that hook out of there?

<<<The door feels a bit sprung and the latch just barely holds it closed in any operational mode. They've been wedging the door closed with a telescoping-type shower curtain rod wedged against the door and the opposite wall, for about a year.>>>

Early model LG washers have a higher tendency for corroded/stiff DOOR HINGES.

Late model washers have re-designed HINGE ASSYs

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Hinge/4775ER2002A/1267595

<<<Last week, customer's mom washed a load of shoes and the machine has not gone into spin mode since then.>>>

Possble debris in DRAIN MOTOR (shoe lace or other) or failed Drain Motor.

John63, I was going to replace the latch/switch first, as I was getting a "dE" code and the door lock works only intermittently.

Would you recommend starting with the hinges instead?

Door LOCK/LATCH assys rarely fail in LG washers.

When the HINGE becomes severely corroded---the door will not close unless great effort is applied to get it closed.

The LOCK/LATCH assy cannot function properly (locking cam unable to rotate & lock door) if the entire HINGE assy is not sliding with the door ("dE" error occurs).

In many cases---if the door is pressed/forced shut and the START button is pushed---the washer may begin a cycle.

Small water leaks usually occur at the 6 o'clock location of the door during the cycle (door is not fully seated against the gasket)

ALSO: Original LG washer HINGE assys had "phillips" screws.

New models have 10mm bolts.

To remove the corroded screws from the HINGE...

Remove the front of the washer.

Heat each phillips-screw (on the corroded-hinge side,not the front) with a propane torch for about 15 seconds before attempting to remove.

Edited by john63

Hinges it is, then. Providing the customer ever calls back. I think we got a little cash flow problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0