Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strumpfman

GE 22 Cu feet with muthaboard

5 posts in this topic

Hi Appliance doctors. Working on a GE fridge freezer on top(GTG 22 JBMARWW). Freezer very heavily frosted .Checked for continuity on the glass-tube defrost heater (OK ) and the defrost sensor reads about 5 K.Ohms at about 80 degrees F. How can I manually force a defrost on this fridge and is there anybody who can help me with a service manual.What is the part no for the muthaboard?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

how's the Defrost heater Over-temp Switch ?

No manual Defrost mode..

could jumper J9 Defrost to J11 Line to test for Defrost circuit

31-9071 Arctica Knob SxS.pdf

link PM'd

Went back today to customer with new defrost-thermistor and changed the defrost bi-metal.Looking at the frost pattern on the evaporator it looks like it has been on a defrost over the last 12 hours. Could unplugging the fridge a couple of times have reset the muthaboard or could it be related that I left the fridge without the defrost-thermistor? Is the defrost interval controlled by a timer on the board, the thermistor or a combination of both?

The Board turns OFF the Defrost Heater when the the Evaporator Thermistor senses a warm Evaporator.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0