Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge ziss360drgss not cooling

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Customer called said fans running but not cooling. Checked and found compressor not running. Measured 115 volts at orange/black supply to inverter. Measured 11vdc at red/white connector on inverter with it disconnected, 6vdc with it connected. Compressor pins all ohm at 6.2. I did these checks using a different model service manual with the same inverter/compressor. I quoted for an inverter but wanted others input regarding my diagnosis as inverters are expensive. Also i would like a sevice manual so i can put it in diagnostics when i return.
Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Sounds like a solid prognosis - check the documents here: http://appliantology...ice-manual-set/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thanks kdog for the manual link. Interesting my analog meter read 115 volts at the inverter but my digital meter would not read anything. It worked in the wall outlet next to the ref though and for the dc voltage operations. Perhaps the line filter on the ref kept it from reading correctly. Perhaps batteries maybe. Thanks again.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,917 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

The measuerments of the inverter output are meaningless on most meters because it's a pulse width modulated signal, just the supply voltage for the evap and condenser fans. The only test you can do is what you did: check supply voltage to the inverter and check compressor winding resistance. If the compressor windings check good and inverter has good supply, then replace the inverter. BTW, these inverter compressors rarely fail.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

do you need the GE 31-9117
ZIS_360DR
service manual ?

that would be ...
click on picture
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

The voltage measurement was taken at the orange/brown supply line to the inverter, not the inverter output. Funny how in the service manual it says twice if you think the compressor is bad to order the compressor and the inverter and if the new compressor does not start, try the inverter.

#7 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Follow up. Inverter fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics