Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dishwasher Arm Spray

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ajaj

ajaj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

We have a Maytag Dishwasher, model # MDB9100AWB.  The spray from the arm does not reach the top rack at all, detergent is not totally disolved at the end of the cycle.  We have checked all the problems mentioned on various websites: The sprayer holes in the dishwasher arm are not blocked, water fills to correct level,  water is pumped out at end of cycle, we think the cycles are running for the correct length of t ime.   Any ideas of what we should check would be great! ** Forgot to mention what we think caused the problem, someone in my family put a peanut butter jar (that was pretty much empty, except for what wasn't scraped out) in the diswasher and ran the cycle.  Seems like since that time the problems started.  Could this cause problems ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

No silver bullet here: if you've really made all those checks you mentioned and you did them accurately, then you need to either replace the pump or get a new dishwasher.

#3 ajaj

ajaj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Grand Master, I updated my original post with the peanut butter story, would that cause damage ?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

Did the jar still have the label on it? Did it break? If either of these are true then, yes, they can and do cause problems with the pump and/or the filter.

#5 ajaj

ajaj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

Nothing broke, but there was a label on it.  Is there a way to clean the filter ?  Can a handyman replace the pump ?

#6 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:53 AM

[user=524]ajaj[/user] wrote:

Nothing broke, but there was a label on it.  Is there a way to clean the filter ?  Can a handyman replace the pump ?

To clean the filter remove the spray arm then remove all of those torx screws on the filter cover, remove cover and then the filter pulls straight up, clean and re- install:gimmebeer:

#7 ajaj

ajaj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:20 AM

:tinkerbell:Thanks So Much, May your wishes come true!  We were nervous about removing the torque screws but we did it and the filter has been cleaned, it's a go!  Your wonderful!   Wish we could send you that beer!

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:41 AM

[user=524]ajaj[/user] wrote:

Wish we could send you that beer!

You can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics