Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore front load washer . . twisted rubber thingy, then sounds like marbles tumbling

Kenmore front load washer twisted bellow 11046462501 belt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LisaLou

LisaLou

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock Top Belgian White (for us beer drinkers who don't like the taste of beer)

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

OK, started out with rubber thing getting in a twist due to weight of load, then funny knocking noise, then sounds like marbles banging around. Called SEARS for service. Guy came out and said would be too expensive to fix. Said he wouldn't charge for visit. Didn't even look or lay a pinkie on washer. Today I noticed when I was messing with it, after taking the top off, that tub doesn't turn. Saw a wheel in the back and turned it....it turns tub! Decided to take the back off for a better look and to see if there are marbles somewhere. . . Saw that belt was in a twisted mess and black stuff all over. Stringy pieces of the belt twisted everywhere, but belt still in one piece. Cut off all the long strings and put over pully to see if it would turn tub and it does. Since belt is narrow now, just ran a little to see if I still hear marbles. Didn't hear anything but thought once just for a sec I heard a clinky sound. So...feeling all proud of myself....I need a new belt. I see instructions about removing rubber thing, but thought I might just try to untwist it, but what glue to use to glue back??? And what do you think the marble sound was, and is it something I can fix? I am worried about spending money on it, and then it truly being a lost cause because of the marble noise. What do you think???? :thanks:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

... What do you think???? :thanks:

I think we need a model number...
From the description, does the model number start with 417.xxxxxxxx ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 LisaLou

LisaLou

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock Top Belgian White (for us beer drinkers who don't like the taste of beer)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think we need a model number...
From the description, does the model number start with 417.xxxxxxxx ?

#4 LisaLou

LisaLou

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Actually it is 11046462501. I ordered a new belt here. I think the rubber thingy is a bellow?? I see how it comes off (doesn't look easy). Do you think I should try to untwist it?

#5 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hey LisaLou, there's a reason your bellows got twisted. The drum was probably thrown out of balance by either bad shock absorbers underneath the tub or a broken tub spring (one on each side holding the tub to the frame) or a bad drum bearing and or bracket. That knocking, marbles sound is a sign of bad bearing/bracket. The sears guy might have been right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics