Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Septic Tank Treatment

septic treatment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laz

Laz

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hello all, I was wondering if I could get some much needed advice on the best and proper septic tank/system treatment product. I have tried Ridex before but I am unsure if it is the best, I have heard bad things about it so I thought I would ask the experts. Doing searches here in the forums, I found a few references to Biodegreat from Shaklee, but now they don't list that as a product or seem to sell it anymore. Can anyone recommend a good product to keep a septic system happy? I would be grateful for any information you can share, and I thank you for the help!
Your logic should come with a warning label.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:AD Haze, Iron Cruellar

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

First, clean off all fats and oils and the like from dinnerware before washing. Avoid commercial drain uncloggers (Draino and the like), use a laundry lint-catching sock to trap washing machine lint expelled in the wash water (very important) and when needed you can use CLS for treatment. If you aren't doing the aforementioned, then there is no need to use a treatment as your septic will be damned from the start. Oh, and periodically pump the tank (every 2-3 years as required) as it's rather cheap insurance.

Mr. Lee Fix

#3 Laz

Laz

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the info. I did not know about using a lint catching sock for the washer, I will have to check into that. Sorry for my ignorance, but what is CLS?
Your logic should come with a warning label.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics