Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lg dishwasher ldf6810st IE error code

lg dishwasher ldf6810st IE Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ewssvc1

ewssvc1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Blue Moon

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Our 5 year old LG DW LDF6810ST, is giving an error code of IE. I've taken it apart and have done the following, checked the water valve screen, float valve reservoir & all hoses with no blockages. Water fills up just fine in the dishwasher and then just before it should start to wash, it gives the error. It first would not work on power scub only, then it would work normal for a few washes, then upper only, now not at all. just give the error. I tried different settings and it would maybe work 2 out of the 10 tries. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? And how I can fix it?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Remove the *front panel* of the dishwasher.

Thoroughly examine the wiring which runs from the bottom of the door to up to the detergent dispenser assy.

On older LG dishwashers---the sound deadening/insulation material was made of a tar-like substance---which caused wires to become imbedded/stuck then broken (pulled apart).

Repair as needed---then wrap the wire loom with electrical tape. Place a small section of cardboard between the wire harness.
Re-install front panel and test dishwasher.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

The LG 6810 dishwasher is a model with the older SUMP ASSEMBLY (6871DD1002B).

The SUMP ASSY (Wash Motor) is a "flawed" component.

When failing---the wash performance is subpar and the wash motor is usually noisy during the cycle.

New SUMP ASSYs resolved this problem (AJH31248604)

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

New SUMP ASSYs resolved this problem (AJH31248604)

click on picture
Pump-and-Motor-Assembly-AJH31248604-0075

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

Remove the *front panel* of the dishwasher.

Thoroughly examine the wiring which runs from the bottom of the door to up to the detergent dispenser assy.

On older LG dishwashers---the sound deadening/insulation material was made of a tar-like substance---which caused wires to become imbedded/stuck then broken (pulled apart).

Repair as needed---then wrap the wire loom with electrical tape. Place a small section of cardboard between the wire harness.
Re-install front panel and test dishwasher.

Academy Fellow CTG51 posted a beautiful repair technique for this problem ==> http://appliantology...lg-dishwashers/

#5 Adirondack Bob

Adirondack Bob

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey Guys, What a small world this is after all. She ordered the Sump Assembly through the link that RegUS_PatOff provided and then called me to install it. When I arrived we started a cycle and the water started filling then it showed the EI code. Because she had the Sump Assembly in hand and that it may be a flawed component, she decided to go ahead and install it. After I installed the Sump Assembly, but before I re-installed the D/W, I took the front panel off. The wires were all stuck to the black tar-like material. Upon closer inspection, the Red, Blue, and Brown wires were broken. I cut, stripped and crimped the wires back together, re-installed the D/W, tested and it is working again! She commented on how quiet the new Sump sounded compared to the old one.

On behalf of me and the customer, ewssvc1, I would like to thank you for this website and the people that make it so great. Thanks Samurai, Thanks Reg, Thanks John, and Thanks to everyone else that contributes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics