Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffnjm3

Maytag Dryer SDG3606AWW - Heat won't stay on

8 posts in this topic

Help, im running out of clean, dry underwear!

What is happening is that the dryer tumbles the laundry as it should, but does not get hot. I checked the vent and it is not clogged. I took the front bottom panel off and you can see it fire, but then the heat shuts off. Any ideas? there is a little sensor that plugs into the vent, i took that out cleaned it off and put it back it, it didnt seem to do anything.

Thanks!

Jeff

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... you can see it fire, but then the heat shuts off.

When the Ignitor glows, does the Flame sometimes not appear ?

sounds like weak Gas Valve Coils

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/3479

Gas-Valve-Solenoid-279834-00928758.jpg

Hi, Sorry i'm not super technical with this stuff, but here it goes........ There is a tube in the back left that has the ignitor in it. When you first turn on the dryer, it turns on and the inside of the tube is completely red, then you here it click off and the red goes away. Then in a few minutes it does it again. and continues cycling on for about 6 seconds, and then cycles back off.

Does this still sound like the gas valve coils?

BTW, just want to thank you, I used this site previously to diagnose and replace the "triple lip seal" on my washing machine, that was a pain, but i spent $50 in the long run instead of $500+ on a new machine- thanks!!!!

... the inside of the tube is completely red, then you here it click off and the red goes away.

... Then in a few minutes it does it again. and continues cycling on for about 6 seconds, and then cycles back off.

... Does this still sound like the gas valve coils?

... I used this site previously to diagnose and replace the "triple lip seal" on my washing machine, that was a pain,

... but i spent $50 in the long run instead of $500+ on a new machine

yes

this repair is much easier

Just wanted to thank you, you were dead on, took all of 10 minutes to fix. Thanks!

:dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0