Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDL03IVWH2 lights flashing
Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:54 PM
Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:11 PM
CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION
A rapidly blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad
indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on either the control or the keypad.
To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:
1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
2. Open the dishwasher door.
3. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1).
Make sure all other connections are made.
4. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door.
5. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
6. Wait 5 sec.
7. Close dishwasher door.
8. Monitor the control’s response:
➔If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged),
it will respond by turning on the Drain Motor for 2 minutes.
Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.
➔If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged),
then the drain motor will NOT drain.
If the drain motor does not start within 10 sec,
repeat or verify that all the steps were followed, then replace the control.
General Keypad Inspection:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
Check keypad ribbon tail for broken / shorted / corroded / creased traces.
Check for loose connection to control.
Check for evidence of contaminants or corrosion around the perimeter of the keypad,
on the keypad ribbon tail and / or on the keypad connector at the control.
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man and kdog like this
Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957
Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:15 PM
Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:28 PM
Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:11 AM
Very common problem to see in all manufactures membrane touchpads.
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man, kdog and RussTech like this
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501
Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:13 PM
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man likes this
Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:01 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users