Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
polaris67

Kenmore washer clicking noise when agitating

4 posts in this topic

It's a Kenmore top loading washer, model 110.26892690.

When doing its agitation at slow or extra slow there's the clicking noise, but on fast it agitates normally without clicking. Basically, the machine works normally if it is run on the heavy-duty cycle (fast/fast), but if the slow speed is used there's the clicking. It matches the problem that someone has posted a youtube clip of,

[media=]

The motor coupler is intact, and I just replaced the agitator dogs, they had been stripped.

Based on other info I've read online, I narrowed the problem down to the wiring from the speed selector down to the motor. The white-orange wire appears to be OK, it has continuity from the switch down to the motor. The white-violet wire however does not have continuity, in fact the wire and the plastic receptacle look a little burnt up down by where it connects to the motor. Is it possible to replace the white-violet wire?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... When doing its agitation at slow or extra slow there's the clicking noise,

. The white-violet wire however does not have continuity,

... the wire and the plastic receptacle look a little burnt up down by where it connects to the motor.

... Is it possible to replace the white-violet wire?

yes, the W / V wire is the Run Winding for one of the slow speeds,

without it, the Motor tries to continually re-start.

If you can repair the wire and / or connector, it should then run OK

OR only use the Fast speed

Seems like the wires are not sold separately but instead all bundled together as the wire-harness. Any chance of finding the wire-harness used (if so, where)? I would think used would be OK, this doesn't seem to be a common kind of failure, but I'm just guessing about that.

Thanks.

You could splice the wire with any color wire.