Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Dan Hoffman

LG DLE5977 drum won't turn

5 posts in this topic

No noise, no hum, no nothing. Just stopped turning today. Power to the control panel still. I opened it up about 6 months or so ago and replaced the rollers.

thx,

dj

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How's the Belt and the Belt Switch ?

OR the Thermostat on the Blower ...

The belt looked OK 6 months ago, but if it snapped, would that disable the motor? I guess that would make sense. Funny to me that there is no sound. I would figure if it was the motor, I'd have heard signs it was going and/or would hear some sounds. The fact that it just quit and makes no attempt to turn is a bit odd. I guess I'll open it up and check the belt.

thx

dj

... would that disable the motor? I guess that would make sense.

also, if the Belt breaks, the Belt Switch wouldn't be activated (which powers the Motor)

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/1266808

Ok thank you very much; I'll check the belt first!

dj