Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Bshelton

GE front loader wbvh6240fww won't spin or turn

4 posts in this topic

GE front loader wbvh6240fww won't spin. I have replaced the control board module and it still won't spin or rotate. T10, t11, t14 won't turn it. Checked motor windings. 6ohms. Checked sensor resistance: 118ohms. When the test mode is t10, no voltage at the ac input harness (blue and red wire) going into the inverter. I have just replaced the control board module, so I don't think its the brand new one. Oh yeah, the error code is e42. You put it on drain and spin and the pump kicks on, removes water, but stops the cycle and the start-pause light flashes and thats it. No spin. No rocking the drum back and forth at the start. Nothing. Also, about two weeks ago, we had a brown out. The power company lost a leg of the power and the voltage in the house was about 70 or so. I shut down all the breakers when I saw this, but it was about 10 minutes before I was able to get it shut down. Inverter? Motor? Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Update. I was able to get 120vac at the ac input harness when I turned it to run through a normal cycle. It would jump to 120 and stay and kick off from time to time. the motor twitches if you look closely with a light. Very slight movements. Inverter? I've got $200 in it with the board and dont really want to get a lot deeper into this if I can help it. Is the inverter the likely culprit? thanks

Brian

No. Door locks. Message says 'door locked' on the screen. Door is locked when tugged on when it says it's locked. Hadn't gone there. None of the steps in the tech service guide pointed to that. Is that a common problem with this machine?