Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE front loader wbvh6240fww won't spin or turn

GE front loader No spin Doesnt rotate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bshelton

Bshelton

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Russian imperial stout

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

GE front loader wbvh6240fww won't spin. I have replaced the control board module and it still won't spin or rotate. T10, t11, t14 won't turn it. Checked motor windings. 6ohms. Checked sensor resistance: 118ohms. When the test mode is t10, no voltage at the ac input harness (blue and red wire) going into the inverter. I have just replaced the control board module, so I don't think its the brand new one. Oh yeah, the error code is e42. You put it on drain and spin and the pump kicks on, removes water, but stops the cycle and the start-pause light flashes and thats it. No spin. No rocking the drum back and forth at the start. Nothing. Also, about two weeks ago, we had a brown out. The power company lost a leg of the power and the voltage in the house was about 70 or so. I shut down all the breakers when I saw this, but it was about 10 minutes before I was able to get it shut down. Inverter? Motor? Any help would be appreciated.
Brian

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Bshelton

Bshelton

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Update. I was able to get 120vac at the ac input harness when I turned it to run through a normal cycle. It would jump to 120 and stay and kick off from time to time. the motor twitches if you look closely with a light. Very slight movements. Inverter? I've got $200 in it with the board and dont really want to get a lot deeper into this if I can help it. Is the inverter the likely culprit? thanks
Brian

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Have you checked the door lock assembly? ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=WBVH6240FW

#4 Bshelton

Bshelton

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

No. Door locks. Message says 'door locked' on the screen. Door is locked when tugged on when it says it's locked. Hadn't gone there. None of the steps in the tech service guide pointed to that. Is that a common problem with this machine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics