Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
nathanstaab

Electrolux EWDW6505GS0 Error Code 3 - Wash Pump

6 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

I'm hoping you can assist me - or have experienced an issue like this before - i have the aptly named 'electrolux nightmare dishwasher'.. In the last few months It has been throwing me a wash pump error. I pulled it apart, removed the pump, checked the cap, checked the play, pump for debris, etc - it ran fine for a week and a half.. now it's back to throwing a code.. Thoughts?

Edited by nathanstaab

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thought about it, Since it's a variable speed motor I was thinking the tach sense on it might be defective.. no easy way to test that without putting it on my test bench.. new wash pump ordered, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks sir.

What did u ever find with this dishwasher? I have the same issue with one. I get error code 3. The dishwasher fills, starts to pump and then humms with no water moving anymore and then quickly goes to error 3. To me it sounds like the wash motor runs out of water right away but I have made sure there was plenty of water and it acts the same. I have checked all the filters and hoses and wash motor for obstruction. Anyone else have one of these yet?

EWDW6505GS0

Yes, all the ones I've been on go bad due to water leaks.

Just wanted to follow up on this. I did find it was the motor capacitor that was bad. The new motor(wash) came with the capacitor and that fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.