Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux EWDW6505GS0 Error Code 3 - Wash Pump

evil overpriced dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nathanstaab

nathanstaab

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Gentlemen,
I'm hoping you can assist me - or have experienced an issue like this before - i have the aptly named 'electrolux nightmare dishwasher'.. In the last few months It has been throwing me a wash pump error. I pulled it apart, removed the pump, checked the cap, checked the play, pump for debris, etc - it ran fine for a week and a half.. now it's back to throwing a code.. Thoughts?

Edited by nathanstaab, 11 June 2012 - 01:14 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

... unless the Pump is actually bad ...
http://www.repaircli...tDetail/1531181

Circulation-Pump-154614002--01062246.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 nathanstaab

nathanstaab

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thought about it, Since it's a variable speed motor I was thinking the tach sense on it might be defective.. no easy way to test that without putting it on my test bench.. new wash pump ordered, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks sir.

#4 BearsFan4Eva

BearsFan4Eva

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

What did u ever find with this dishwasher? I have the same issue with one. I get error code 3. The dishwasher fills, starts to pump and then humms with no water moving anymore and then quickly goes to error 3. To me it sounds like the wash motor runs out of water right away but I have made sure there was plenty of water and it acts the same. I have checked all the filters and hoses and wash motor for obstruction. Anyone else have one of these yet?

EWDW6505GS0

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yes, all the ones I've been on go bad due to water leaks.
Scott Wolf

#6 BearsFan4Eva

BearsFan4Eva

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Just wanted to follow up on this. I did find it was the motor capacitor that was bad. The new motor(wash) came with the capacitor and that fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics