Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire 417.39012890 front load tumble action washer

frigidaire front load washer 417.39012890 tumble

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nikonosman1

Nikonosman1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Homebrew

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Washer is about 14 yrs old. Today it stopped tumbling or spinning. Door locks. Timer moves through all cycles through to end. Pumps water, etc, etc. The only thing it seems NOT to be doing is tumbling/spinning whether it is in wash or rinse/spin cycle. When in those cycles i hear clicking (assume timer mechanism)... Based on what i've found so far in this forum might it be the speed controler? Is it worth the money to try that first? I'm mechanically inclined but not confident at trouble shooting electroincis. Thanks for any input.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

That's an early model Frigidaire Gallery ...
Controller is about $350
Motor $ 150
but first, how's the Belt ?
http://www.repaircli...rtDetail/916708

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Nikonosman1

Nikonosman1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

That's a good question. Earlier today i watched the drum through an entire wash cycle and the drum only moved one time - it came on and tumbled maybe 3 rotations then stopped (this would be normal during wash cycle as the tumble action starts and stops and changes rotation direction) but it did not tumble again and finsihed the entire wash/rinse cycle without the tub ever moving. After you asked about the belt this evening i removed the lower front cover and reached back to the belt which felt reasonably tight and i could move it and rotate the tub. While I had the cover off I also ran it through a final rinse/spin cycle and watched the motor. The pump was working fine and the timer clicked down through the rest of the cycle but the motor never came on. Even if the belt were loose the motor should have still came on. So, i think this at least rules out the belt as the root cause. Suggestions???

#4 Nikonosman1

Nikonosman1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Opened machine today and belt looks OK but may be a little stretched so planning to replace. I pulled the docs from the inside of machine and there are a few tests listed if the motor isn't working. If i performed all the meter readings correctly it appears the motor is the problem. Thanks for the help! We'll see how it goes once the new motor has been installed.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Also look for broken/disconnected wire (s) at motor connector
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Frigidaire 417.39012890
early Gallery series
and for anyone else who needs it :woot:
131788200 EARLY Gallery SPEED CONTROL.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frigidaire, front load washer, 417.39012890, tumble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics