Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Defective Customer...

is this really my life?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

So...

A man walks into a home to service a whirlpool front load washer with a F-11 error code. The customer bought a repair/warrenty plan with a $500 limit. If it's over $500 you can either pay the extra or get the $500 towards a new machine. Plus, the plan requires the tech to use rebuilt parts if available, our computers will not allow us to order a new part if a rebuilt exists. I determine the motor control is bad, and I have a rebuilt control on the truck. I did not have a new part, I would have had to order one, except I'm not allowed.

Now the shit starts..

First, the costs exceed the limit by $25, and she refuses to pay that. And, the price with a new, not rebuit, control would require her to pay an extra $190. Plus, she refuses to accept a rebuilt part, PLUS she will not accept the $500 toward a new machine. So she embarks on an hour long call campaign to get her way. I end up talking to a bunch of peons who can not change the facts as I presented to this woman. During this hour, I installed the rebuilt board and HAD IT RUNNING just so everyone knew my diagnosis is correct. After more than an hour of listening to her carry on about not paying any extra or using rebuilt parts, I removed my working control, put her defective part back in, and reassembled the machine. I called my manager and filled him in on the details. He told me to pack up and go.

She was still flapping her gums on the phone when I drove off.

The more people I meet, the more I like my pets.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

... The more people I meet, the more I like my pets.

... and my pet is an alligator :)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

I see you guys can't even order a NEW 3360629 gearcase.
Scott Wolf

#4 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Ahhhhhhhh, the joy of self employment :yes: :beach: Sounds like the loud mouth, never satisfied female dog screwed herself over $25.00

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

She was still flapping her gums on the phone when I drove off.

You have more patience than me. Would have cancelled the SSA, subtracted the trip charge, refunded the rest, and left a lot sooner... :moondance:
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

If anyone goes back, I hope they don't have the part. If anyone calls wanting to know if I have one, the answer is "nope, just used it yesterday"
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 reelynyceguy

reelynyceguy

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

This job would be fun if we didn't have to deal with the public...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: is this really my life?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics