Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag LA5000 - Rinse VERY slow fill

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

This happens on all water settings (hot/cold, warm/cold, cold/cold).We only use the full load, regular fabric setting.

The first fill up works great, as does the wash & spin. Problem is the rinse fill up is just a trickle and it takes about an hour to fill. Then the rinse agitate & final spin work fine. (I tried to check the inlet wire mesh strainers, but there are none.)

What would cause only the rinse fill up to just trickle?

Thanks, Tony5657 in TX

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

... What would cause only the rinse fill up to just trickle?

are you using any "funny" Hoses ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Grand master funk,
No fair re-asking my question. :o) Yes, what could cause this? We are using the same "normal" washing machine hoses we've used for years. This just started all of a sudden and is consistentently VERY slow in filling for the rinse cycle. Filling for the wash cycle is fast. Everything else works fine except the rinse fill.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

... slow in filling for the rinse cycle.
... Filling for the wash cycle is fast

Rinse uses only cold water ..
during Wash fill, if set for Warm (or hot) Wash, there may not by much cold water entering..
http://www.repaircli...PartDetail/3440

Water-Inlet-Valve-205613-00841148.jpg

#5 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

OK I apologize, I just set the machine to wash using the cold/cold setting and it just trickled. I punched the warm/cold button and it fills fast, probably with mostly hot water. Yuuup, it's the cold water part of the water inlet valve. I need to watch the videos you sent to see if I have enough smarts to install it, and if so, I'll order it from you. Is the Maytag model # LA5000 all you need? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#6 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

OK, you convinced me to order the water valve. I watched your videos & see lots of wires of different colors. I have not taken my valve out so I don't know how many wires I have or the colors. Regarding your new valve, how will I know which of my wires plug on which (the correct) contact? Will my old water valve look like the new one you send with the same number of contacts so I can just plug my wires 1 by 1 on to the new valve? My inlet connections are one on top of the other with cold on the bottom. (Maytag top loader Model LA5000)

As you know, I don't know what I'm doing & I don't want to order something that I cannot figure out which wire to plug on which contact.

Thanks for your help.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

take a look at the old Valve..
should be the same

#8 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

If you take the hoses off your water valve and clean the screens you might not have to replace the valve. Give it a shot.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Just don't do the Stupid Plumber's Trick of removing the screens!

#10 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

My old water valve inlets had the screens removed. It's now hanging out & the inlets are vertical with - Hot water inlet & valve on top & Cold water inlet & valve on bottom. I have 4 wires, 2 white, a blue & an orange wire. The water discharge hose from the valves connects on top. Looks like the picture you sent with the #009C03A sticker on it.

Regarding my old valve, both of my white wires are connected to the hot & cold valve connectors farthest from the water inlets. The blue is connected to the cold water valve connector that's closest to the cold water inlet. The orange is connected to the hot water valve connector that's closest to the hot water inlet.

Does your new valve set have this orientation where I can wire it exactly like my old valve, described above? Hot water inlet on top, cold on bottom? Will both of my white wires go to the connectors farthest from the water inlets?

If so, this seems like I can do it. If not please describe how it should be wired.

Thank you for your patience & your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tony5657 in TX

#11 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I know I've asked lots of questions, but my previous posting, (see above), contains my final ones. I humbly ask someone's assistance before I order. I know nothing about wiring & I don't want to "fry" anything because I wired it wrong. Thanks................

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

it's plug & play

#13 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thanks Grand Master Funk. I just ordered the part................

#14 Tony5657

Tony5657

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

A few days ago I received the new water valve I ordered from you. I installed it effortlessly, thanks to your help and the videos and the washer now works perfectly, with all water settings. Without your help I wouldn't have had a clue even where to start. I thank you and my son thanks you. (It was his washing machine.) Thanks for a great site, people and business!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics