Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Refrigerator - Moisture in Vegetable Crisper and under drawers

Moisture Drawers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HisRocker

HisRocker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi, the Samsung Refrigerator (French door / bottom freezer) is newer (2+ years old) -- there is moisture in the Vegetable crisper drawer and under the drawer (in the refrigerator).

Reading through online forums -- the number one reason appears to be a blocked defrost drain. I have checked the defrost drain and verified it is clear (poured warm water through it).

Key Question: Is there another reason, or reasons (things to check) which would cause moisture in the refrigerator (under drawer) when the defrost drain is clear?

Thanks, HisRocker

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

may be a bad Door Gasket
Try the George Wa$hington test on all (3) Door Gaskets ...
close the Door on George and slide him around the Gasket.
check to be sure he stays snug

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,795 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Please post your model number.

#4 HisRocker

HisRocker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Bottom Freezer / French door Refrigerator

Model: RF217ACPN
Compressor MK162D-L1U

#5 reelynyceguy

reelynyceguy

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Stupid question: which defrost drain did you check, the fresh food or freezer?

Edited by reelynyceguy, 22 June 2012 - 06:39 PM.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

#6 Brooke Falconer

Brooke Falconer

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heif

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

I have had an issue with a few of these fridges where the water continually drips into the bottom of the fridge and the crisper. According to Samsung, they want you to replace the rear fridge panel, although I found that didn't help much and it started to happen again. I jimmied the drain tray to make sure it had a high lip against the fridge panel, made sure the Styrofoam on the rear panel was completely dry before reinstalling and made sure the fridge was level if not a bit higher in the front to avoid this. I did this for three fridges and didn't hear back, but honestly, it seemed mickey mouse to me too! :whistling:

#7 HisRocker

HisRocker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

reelynyceguy - thanks - Initially, I did check for a drain in the refrigerator, but couldn't find one. Next, I checked the freezer defrost drain -- Yours is a very good question because -- based on Brooke's comments -- I didn't see a drain for the refrigerator after taking out the two crisper drawers -- I take it is towards the back of the refrigerator unit?

Brooke - thanks for your very good comments too... I'll check the level on the refrigerator and make sure it's slightly higher in the front ... will look for the defrost drain in refrigerator again --

Can you or reelynyceguy specify exactly where this drain is located -- based on your comment above -- I would think it's on the back bottom (center?).

Thanks again, HisRocker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics