Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coble_elevatorguy

GE washer S4200B2WW errors

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I've been having some issues with my GE washer model S4200B2WW. I am having 2 problems.

#1 Will start a cycle water will be running in then all of a sudden the water will stop. Its almost like the start/pause button was being pushed but isn't. If you hit the start/pause button it will start right back up from where it left off.

#2 The washer will also just sit there waiting to go into the spin cycle. You can open the lid and its full of water waiting to be pumped out before it spins. You can hit the start/pause button and it will start pumping out and spinning.

So i put it into field test mode and here's what it came up with. (reminder leds and knob pos run from 0-8)

Knob Pos #0 all LEDs lit "LED CHECK"

Knob Pos #1 LED 7 lit "MODEL CODE

Knob Pos #2 LED 5 lit "SLOW PUMP"

My question is what what does slow pump mean is wrong? Is it the water pumping into the tank thats slow or is it the discharge? Also should i looking into the start/pause button as a possible issue?

Thanks for your time.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unplug machine for a few minutes to reset board. If condition persists, remove front panel and check air switch tube that connects to the tub for crud. Also check pump for foreign objects.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0