Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ribbon cable pinout for Maytag MDB7609AWB1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 metaphysician

metaphysician

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:kukicha tea

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

greetings, masters and apprentices of Appliantology!. just discovered this wonderful site as a result of the ever-popular membrane control panel (2nd one in 3 years) failing for the Start/Cancel buttons on my Maytag dishwasher. being a bit of an electronic tinkerer, i got to wondering if the 14pin ribbon cable or the main control board had any kind of pinout where you could see which one did what. what i would love would be a dedicated pin for the Start and Cancel buttons and obviously ground. i could then run the ribbon cable into a receptor, break out the wires for the Start, Cancel and ground, wire them up to something much more durable that doesn't fail after 100 pushes, and back out to the control board.

anyone know of something like that and whether my thinking is flawed? i'll probably order another panel so i can tinker with the old one and we can have a working dishwasher again, but this non-servicable part tendency for new appliances is the worst. they glued the whole membrane assembly to the front. i did try cleaning the receiving pins for the cable on the control board - no luck with that.

any help or advice appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

it's a switch matrix

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Part link to the replacement touchpanel with a 365-day return policy ==> http://www.repaircli...-Touchpad-Parts

#4 metaphysician

metaphysician

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:kukicha tea

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

ah - i see. definitely not a dedicated pin setup. that would require a digital switching setup, and is way over my head. oh well, thanks for the document and the link to the part! love your site and the motto especially!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Ribbon cable pinout for the control panel on a Maytag MDB Dishwasher

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 23 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Model number:  MDB7609AWB1

View PostRegUS_PatOff, on 23 June 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

it's a switch matrix

Posted Image

Part link to the new touchpanel with a 365-day return policy ==>...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics