Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

metaphysician

ribbon cable pinout for Maytag MDB7609AWB1

4 posts in this topic

greetings, masters and apprentices of Appliantology!. just discovered this wonderful site as a result of the ever-popular membrane control panel (2nd one in 3 years) failing for the Start/Cancel buttons on my Maytag dishwasher. being a bit of an electronic tinkerer, i got to wondering if the 14pin ribbon cable or the main control board had any kind of pinout where you could see which one did what. what i would love would be a dedicated pin for the Start and Cancel buttons and obviously ground. i could then run the ribbon cable into a receptor, break out the wires for the Start, Cancel and ground, wire them up to something much more durable that doesn't fail after 100 pushes, and back out to the control board.

anyone know of something like that and whether my thinking is flawed? i'll probably order another panel so i can tinker with the old one and we can have a working dishwasher again, but this non-servicable part tendency for new appliances is the worst. they glued the whole membrane assembly to the front. i did try cleaning the receiving pins for the cable on the control board - no luck with that.

any help or advice appreciated!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

it's a switch matrix

dwkeymatrix.jpg

ah - i see. definitely not a dedicated pin setup. that would require a digital switching setup, and is way over my head. oh well, thanks for the document and the link to the part! love your site and the motto especially!