Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

frigidaire freezer works intermittently MD#LFFH21F7HWB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 x-raymac

x-raymac

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:LoneStar Lite

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Started with alarm beeper sounding and High temp flashing on temp control output on front of freezer door also little power out light on steady (power had not been off). Removed all food from freezer, light was on inside freezer. Removed cover from evaporator coil, fan is running. Compressor is hot. Unplugged freezer for about 30 min. plugged back in set temp. control on front of door for extreme freeze within 24 hours it got to -10* OK all is well, I'll let it set for a couple of days to make sure it is going to remain working. Stayed cold for about a day then same thing alarm beeper and high temp flashing and power out light on. Don't know where to start only a few parts on schematic on rear of unit. Can anybody give me a direction? Thanx

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

has this Freezer been working OK for you, up till now, at this location, and Wall Outlet ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 x-raymac

x-raymac

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

yes it has been in the same place for 2 years, same outlet. I guess I could run and extension cord to another outlet and see if things change.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Is this a GFCI outlet? That's a big no-no for appliances.

Assuming we're not dealing with nuisance trips of a GFCI outlet, the compressor may have become a hard starter. Can use a megger to check for deterioration on the compressor motor windings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tazk__VDRxI

Here's the megger I use ==> http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000LDHPAO

Even if that checks good, you may need to install a hard start kit on the compressor ==> http://www.repaircli...t/RCO410/965237

#5 x-raymac

x-raymac

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

It isn't on a GFCI, but today I ran an extension cord to another receptical and pluged in freezer it cooled down fast to 23* within three hours. But the freezer temp was set to 1* and i'm still waiting for that. I hope to see it down to the temp selected. I'll keep you informed. Thanks so much for your response.

#6 x-raymac

x-raymac

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Back to originql problem again. Temp. at freezer would not go below 23*, and 25* gives high temp with warning beeper and high temp flashing on the temp. control module on front of freezer. Had used extension cord and pluged into another receptical on a different circuit. Appears to be same problem. On schematic on rear of freezer the only components it shows is compressor, evaperater fan which appears to be working, thermostat, defrost heater and thermister. Should I just start replacing parts if so which would be a good guess to start with?

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

may need to post pictures (somewhere) of the frost pattern of the Evaporator Coils inside the Freezer

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics