Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
x-raymac

frigidaire freezer works intermittently MD#LFFH21F7HWB

7 posts in this topic

Started with alarm beeper sounding and High temp flashing on temp control output on front of freezer door also little power out light on steady (power had not been off). Removed all food from freezer, light was on inside freezer. Removed cover from evaporator coil, fan is running. Compressor is hot. Unplugged freezer for about 30 min. plugged back in set temp. control on front of door for extreme freeze within 24 hours it got to -10* OK all is well, I'll let it set for a couple of days to make sure it is going to remain working. Stayed cold for about a day then same thing alarm beeper and high temp flashing and power out light on. Don't know where to start only a few parts on schematic on rear of unit. Can anybody give me a direction? Thanx

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

has this Freezer been working OK for you, up till now, at this location, and Wall Outlet ?

yes it has been in the same place for 2 years, same outlet. I guess I could run and extension cord to another outlet and see if things change.

Is this a GFCI outlet? That's a big no-no for appliances.

Assuming we're not dealing with nuisance trips of a GFCI outlet, the compressor may have become a hard starter. Can use a megger to check for deterioration on the compressor motor windings:

Here's the megger I use ==> http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000LDHPAO

Even if that checks good, you may need to install a hard start kit on the compressor ==> http://www.repaircli...t/RCO410/965237

It isn't on a GFCI, but today I ran an extension cord to another receptical and pluged in freezer it cooled down fast to 23* within three hours. But the freezer temp was set to 1* and i'm still waiting for that. I hope to see it down to the temp selected. I'll keep you informed. Thanks so much for your response.

Back to originql problem again. Temp. at freezer would not go below 23*, and 25* gives high temp with warning beeper and high temp flashing on the temp. control module on front of freezer. Had used extension cord and pluged into another receptical on a different circuit. Appears to be same problem. On schematic on rear of freezer the only components it shows is compressor, evaperater fan which appears to be working, thermostat, defrost heater and thermister. Should I just start replacing parts if so which would be a good guess to start with?

may need to post pictures (somewhere) of the frost pattern of the Evaporator Coils inside the Freezer