Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WR30X10012 Ice maker not working

Hot Point GE Ice maker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robrdavis

robrdavis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have a HotPoint HSS25IFMDCC SxS with a WR30X10012 ice maker that has stopped producing ice. I've traced out the wiring in the ice maker as per the diagram printed on the cover, as well as checked that the water valve is working. It seems as though it's not calling for water, but I'm at a loss as to what to check next.

Freezer is at 9 degrees so it's cold enough.

I have the tech manual for the unit, but other than showing how to access and replace the ice maker, it has no other info on the ice maker.

Is there a manual available for the ice maker itself? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

That's what we professional appliantologists call a " bad ice maker." Not uncommon with these. Just replace it, all good ==> http://www.repaircli...596?RCAID=24038

#3 robrdavis

robrdavis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

That's the news that I was trying to avoid. Now to break it to my customer.

The question that I'm going to get is "But it worked when we took the fridge out. Why isn't it working now?" Of course, they took the fridge out when it quit cooling for the second time. They'd had a tech come out to service it, he replaced the main control board, it worked fine for a little while, then quit again. They called a different tech out who said that he needed to replace the main control board again. They weren't happy with that answer, so they bought a different fridge and put the HotPoint on the side of the house. I got a hold of it, found the problem to be the evap thermistor and replaced both it and the thermostat. It ran fine for about 2 weeks, then the evap fan went out. I just replaced it (and the new thermistor that I just put into it) and now it doesn't make ice.

I think I have found my arch nemesis in this fridge...

Thanks for the confirmation!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hot Point, GE, Ice maker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics