Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo
- - - - -

De-Mousifying the Control Panel in a Thermador PRSG364GD Range

thermador mouse mice control panel PRSG

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,257 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

This client called in with the complaint that the stove burners on her Thermador cooktop kept clicking after the burner was lit. Watch in horror and amazement as The Appliance Guru uncovers the gruesome cause for this problem. WARNING: This video contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing. Viewer discretion advised.

You can find whatever appliance part you need through the parts search box right here at Appliantology.org. No harm in buying and trying with our 365-day, no-hassle return policy, even on electrical parts that were installed!

The Appliance Guru provides prompt, convenient service in the following towns in New Hampshire: New London, Elkins, Wilmot, Springfield, Georges Mills, Sunapee, Mt. Sunapee, Newbury, Sutton, Bradford, Warner, Grantham, and the Eastman Community. Visit our website for more info and a discount coupon on your next service call: ==> http://applianceguru.com

Subscribe to our FREE, award-winning newsletter, Appliantology: The Oracle of Appliance Enlightenment ==>http://newsletter.appliantology.org and download your free report on appliance brand recommendations! Every issue is jam-packed with appliance repair tips and inside information direct from the Samurai's fingertips to your engorged and tingling eyeballs.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm shocked the customer let you make this video without being embarassed.
Scott Wolf

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I never said she wasn't embarrassed. ;)

#4 deanfaw1

deanfaw1

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

That's Probably the sickest thing i've seen in an oven for sure. I've seen a super charred mouse carcass in the back of a Fridgidaire dryer but this takes the cake. Gross.

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'm shocked the customer let you make this video without being embarassed.

Do you have them sign a release form? (My company asks customers to sign a release form before we can take pictures for insurance reasons, damage claims, etc...)
Also, get into some pretty nasty discussions about why this sort of thing is not covered by the warranty or extended service plans.

What's that horrible smell when I use my oven?
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

I would think that, normally, if there isn't any identifying info in the photos (name address, people's faces, etc)
you wouldn't need a release form.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,257 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Exactly, as long as there is nothing personally identifiable in the photos or videos I don't need a release form. If someone were to try and sue, the burden is on them to prove that the photo or video was from their appliance in their home.

I've never had anyone complain when I make videos in their home, but if they were, I would tell them that making the video is a condition of my service.

Also, I do all of my work orders via email on my iPhone. I usually include with the work order a photo of the problem found and worked on. Customers almost always like to see this, and I like to have it as a record of what I did.

#8 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

i hate mice , up in the same league as cockroaches

have seen my fair share of them

F&P dishdrawer , tripping the power , fried mouse across the mains connecter

I went to a customer dishdrawr that i had installed and 1 year later called for F1 fault , house was new

removed bottom drawer and saw a few bits of fluff and said to the guy i think you might have had a mouse in here

so i have my head stuck in there and pull off the mains filter cover and sure enough heres the mouse , still alive and running around

I'm yelling , the customer comes in the kitchen just in time tol see the mouse run out , across the floor and under the fridge

mouse had taken a nibble from the drawer fill hose and water leaked into base

fixed up and not seen again

i do the odd drain hose or power cord that mice eat on dishwasher and often i am back within a week
to repair it again after the mouse/rat has been back

#9 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I wont deal with mice roaches or rats

Fermented Grand Master I bow DOWN to you.

That's Funny
I have seen my share of roaches, but not to many mice or rat. Plenty of filth.

Edited by richseattle56, 10 September 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#10 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I went into a trailer with nine pugs to work on a refrigerator. Once I got past the dogs, I opened up the back of the refrigerator and found four mice and one was caught in the condensor fan. I cleaned out the fan and condensor and removed the mice. When I left the refrigerator worked great. I got the check and jumped in my truck. As I was leaving the yard, the toothless hillbillies were all waving at me when a goat ran up and rammed my truck. Its not just a job, It is an adventure!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thermador, mouse, mice, control panel, PRSG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics