Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

are you smarter than an ice dispenser? fgus2642lf0

fgus2642lf0 frigidaire ice dispenser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 waianaejohn

waianaejohn

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

i've got a frigidaire gallery side by side that works great....makes ice, dispenses water. Except if you ask for cubes or crushed, the chute opens loudly and no ice, no auger, no sound. BUT if I scoop a few cubes out by hand (the way I get ice now) and put them behind the closed flapper (on inside of the door), the thing comes to life! The auger spins and all the cubes or crushed ice fly like nothing was wrong.
It takes about 5 cubes at a time placed behind the closed round flapper door to get it going. Two or three cubes isnt enough. After I put them in the chute, I close the door, put a glass or bowl against the paddle and cubes or crushed ice comes out like normal until I pull the glass away. You can hear the auger turning while it's dispensing. It will empty the whole bucket if you like. But only once. But after you pull away the glass, back to the original NOGO. At this point the chute will be empty, BTW, so NOGO until you prime with 5 more cubes.

Sure I can scoop ice by hand forever, but whats going on?? The only sensors nearby seems to be two microswitches in the top of control panel apparently for the paddle (normally closed in schematic) and flapper (normally open) . The sensors signals go to the touchpad and then to the brain which drives the auger. Dispenser LEDs work OK. Water always dispenses too.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

There are no sensors that tell it there is ice in the chute. What might be happening is a broken wire at the hinge where they go into the door to the dispenser controls and when you open the door to put the ice in the chute it move the wires and they make connection again.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fgus2642lf0, frigidaire, ice dispenser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics