Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
irishfolker

GE Dryer Sometimes Spins Sometimes Just Groans

2 posts in this topic

My GE electric dryer, model #DDE5300VALWH, is acting strangely.  Sometimes it will spin normally, sometimes when you push the switch it makes a sound like a locked-up motor.  I pulled it out from the wall and tried it and the sound seems to be coming from the control panel area and not the motor.  It seems to happen when it is warm or has run for a while.  Any advice before I tear apart the control panel?

I plan to give everything a good vacuuming tonight after work and see if that helps.  Belt looks good, drum turns.  When it's working, it seems normal.  I'm a bit baffled.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The vacuuming might help, also make sure the blower area is clear. Does sound like a possibility of a motor that's not long for this world.

Dryer disassembly help here.