Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
grizltyear

Frigidaire Gallery GLER642AS3

13 posts in this topic

My dryer started making loud vibrating noises after a load was started. I did initial investigations on here, took the written advice I saw and replaced the drum glides and the bearing. I started the it up after parts replaced no noise, added some clothes and about 2 mins into the dry cycle the noise started back up. The idler pulley is fairly new and spun freely; am looking for other possible cause and trouble shooting I can do. Thank you in advance.

Jeff

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I replaced that at the same time with glides.... today even. it is crossing my mind it could be motor but i didnt want to go that route yet.

post YouTube video ?

I could try... not that smart.... let me see what i can do

My first you tube video.... :sillytongue:

Good video! That loud hum sounds like either blower or motor noise to me.

thank you. I did look at the blower before i did the video and it is clear of obstructions, fins need a little cleaning (did it a couple of years ago) but nothing major. Well I was hoping it wasn't the motor but oh well. Thank you again .

Did you look really hard at the blower wheel? Sometimes there is a hairline fracture between fins that causes it to spin off balance once it runs for a short while. I've experienced that issue on a gallery just like yours, and also an older maytag. It is difficult to spot, so u may want to try pushing or pulling on the fins as you go around the wheel to pinpoint it. Good luck!

I will look harder at that, thanks for the suggestion. however after posting and making video it is now a constant noise. but again I will look thank you

I looked harder at the blower pushed, tweaked, pulled found nothing. However I decided to remove the belt from the motor and start the dryer on air fluff/no heat. I ran it for about 5 mins no loud noises. I then put belt back on the motor and ran it again in the air fluff/no heat setting for 5 to 10 mins; again no noises. I turned the selector to the low heat setting and the noise started,........ I then switched it back to no heat and the noise continues. anyone have any thoughts, I am now assuming (bad habit) that the blower gets warm and that when my trouble starts.

post YouTube video ?

sorry it took so long to post... busy doing outside work since it got real nice out in the Pacific Northwest :rocker:

http://youtu.be/H6bMalD6dKI