Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG side by side freezer fan problem or ice maker

Er FF freezer fan ice maker

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Ice maker assembly:  http://www.repaircli...mber=LSC27926ST

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#42 plsbcheap

plsbcheap

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee :-)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

STILL NOT WORKING...I still have not bought a new Ice Maker.  I can do that now but before I do can anyone tell me what causes the little drop door or in door dispenser to not close all the time effectively.  I have not used my ice maker in about 5 months. Occasionally a guest or kid will try to use the ice dispenser and it often hangs open.  If that little door don't shut..... I get frost built up in the freezer and it takes days/weeks to evaporate.  I wonder if I need an ice maker and what ever controls the little door in my freezer door.  I can't do one without the other.  Can this be a switch or is it something mechnical?  Any help to finally get this LG junk ice maker working cheaply would be appreciated!  Am I even sure I still won't need this $300 circuit board? no

What is needed:

Ice maker?

switch or mechanicaly door?
circuit board?

thanks for help

#43 plsbcheap

plsbcheap

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee :-)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Tomorrow I hope to pull out the ice maker and take a look at the tray and see if it is in fact NOT rotating all the way back to level.  I'll turn it back on and let it cycle a few times and see what happens.  If it don't go level I'll order a new ice maker.  BUT I am concerned about the ice in the door feature where this ice maker drops ice through the freezer door (like most refridgerator/freezers do these days).  Is there some way to check and see why the little door doesn't always close?  Is it a magnet, is it a electric switch or motor? Is this a major/minor expense to fix?  If i have to pay for the ice maker, door motor/magnet, AND a CIRCUIT BOARD I would not keep this LG piece of junk!!  So, help me if you have any advice.  I might also add about 1/4" of the chrome tape I used on the chute/ice fill tube to extend this tube so the water flows easier into the ice tray to see if that helps with the dripping/freezing.  Just a thought.

thanks,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Er FF, freezer fan, ice maker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics