Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Help With Identifying Necessary Parts for LP Conversion-Dacor Range ERD30S

Dacor LP Conversion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andrewinnc

andrewinnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to offer your ideas. I have recently purchased a 2nd hand Dacor ERD30S Dual Fuel range. I need to relocate this unit to a cabin in the NC Mountains (where it is cooler); however it is currently setup for NG. Dacor says a field conversion to LP is not possible, and thus a conversion kit from Dacor does not exist for this model. I've hopefully hooked up with an experienced service guy at the propane dealer I plan to use. He has not worked on a Dacor before. What parts would I need to make this conversion successful? The regulator and orifice are reasonably priced, and easily obtainable. Are the lp valves/manifold absolutely necessary? That would add great expense to this project. Any advice I can get from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

I thought I could post the link for the parts diagram, but I couldn't. A quick google search will take you to Dacor where you can find it.

Thank you,

Andrew

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I have successfully done this conversion before by ordering the orifices for the lp model of the same range. It was not necessary to change the valves. It wont be necessary to change the regulator as the one on the range can be flipped.
coincidentally, I do service in the mountains of nc...what area you in? I cover Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Beech Mtn, Ashe, Wilkes, Avery, Watauga and Caldwell counties.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 andrewinnc

andrewinnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thank you thank you thank you Kurtius. This is good to know. I am relieved to hear that this is possible without much difficulty. I am located in Ashe (Lansing area). The unit is currently here in the Triangle. I'm moving it to a mountain cabin in the near future. I've contacted a guy with FerrellGas in Wilkes. Although he has never worked on a Dacor, he seems like someone who knows how to make something like this work. If for some reason he doesn't get back to me or can't, I'll reach out to you, and see if we can't meet at some point. Again, thank you for your time. Do me a favor and let me know how to contact you (email is fine). Andrew

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

No problem, you can always reach me thru this site. I get auto notifications when anyone responds to a topic I have chimed in on.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 andrewinnc

andrewinnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

Perfect. Thank you.

#6 andrewinnc

andrewinnc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi:

It seems that the repair shop in Wilkes where I thought I was going to take it for conversion wasn't able to make something happen with Dacor. Would you kindly get in touch with me so we can make arrangements for conversion when I get the unit to Ashe?

Thank you,
Andrew Sugg

PS You can email me directly at myerssugg@yahoo.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dacor, LP Conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics