Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

TommyRocks

PAV2300AWW No Spin Spin

4 posts in this topic

SO.... I picked up a used PAV2300AWW, I am trying to help a friend score a washer and dryer for her new apartment.... I was told "it was working" got it home and ran it through all the cycles but it won't spin.

Following the directions on this forum... I put it in Spin cycle and tried to spin the tub but it was locked up tight... my only question... before I buy that Thrust Bearing kit... when I moved the machine I had to put it on its side in order to fit in the van... any chance I somehow locked up the brake?

What do you think peeps?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Motor running but no spin, check this:

First make sure that there're no clothes stuck between the inner basket and our top

If that checks good then replace the Thrust Bearing drive pulley kit ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Pulley/12002213/1042142?modelNumber=PAV2300AWW

Everything works except it won't spin, it agitates.. it fills and empties... the motor spin both ways, the tub is just locked up... it sounds like this machine sat outside under a tarp for a month... think the brake is locked? I read another post about a big ass screwdriver and trying to turn to unlock the brake? I will be trying to figure this out tonight.